To wind your way through these issues, you need the help of a Green Designated REALTOR®. If you’re in the Atlanta, Georgia area contact Meg Thompson of Meg & Co. Meg recently received the National Association of REALTORS® Green Designation.
The Designation is an obvious step for a person who already implements so many environmentally-friendly policies in her office. Some of those include:
- Encouraging clients to participate in EarthCraft building standards
- Using ENERGY STAR appliances
- Multiple recycling bins in sales centers
- Responsible recycling of electronic devices
- Keeping documents electronic as much as possible and making double sided copies when printing
- Conducting meetings online if appropriate
Meg was trained on green homes, buildings and sustainability issues. She also learned to guide clients through the components of a green home, costs versus benefits, rating systems, green marketing and financial incentives for building or remodeling green.
If you are in the Atlanta area and looking to buy or sell a green home or commercial building, be sure to contact Meg Thompson at email@example.com.