The Orchards Group is going a little greener to help residents save on their energy bills. Though the builder already offers energy-efficient homes for active adults, the group has been receiving numerous requests from residents to help them save more money on energy bills.
“We worked with our suppliers to identify affordable energy-efficient products that will provide a good return on investment over the life of the home,” said Mitch Block, marketing director for The Orchards Group.
Thus the Eco-Comfort home was born! Ground has been broken on this home at its popular Forsyth County community The Orchards of Brannon Oak Farm.
Usually a $10,900 upgrade on the Winston, the smart buyer who purchases this demonstration home at Brannon Oak Farm will pay only $7,900. Specific upgraded features are available individually or as a package.
The Eco-Comfort Home package includes:
- A tankless hot water system with a re-circulating pump providing instant hot water.
- A high-efficiency heating and air conditioning system.
- A radiant barrier between the roof shingles and the attic which keeps the attic (and house) 20% cooler.
- Increased insulation for greater hot and cold protection.
- Water saving Dual flush commodes.
The home features the Winston plan. This floor plan features two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a room that can be a parlor or a third bedroom. The model has a living and dining room open to the kitchen, a sunroom, a screened porch, a large master bedroom with walk-in closet and true walk-up attic storage. Eco-Comfort features, availability and pricing may vary in other floor plans.
For more information on the Eco-Comfort home, visit The Orchards Group‘s website.